- Across all cultural lines and in a wide variety of denominations and traditions, women and men have been called by the spirit into community.
- Jesuit Volunteers Canada, sharing a vision of life and service within the People of God, gathers in community.
- Within JVC, individuals share experience, faith and hope. We share common concerns, common questions, and common needs. We testify that there is more to community than “sharing a roof and a refrigerator”.
- We get to know ourselves by living in community, both our weaknesses and our strengths.
- In a society which is characteristically self-seeking and values individualism, communal living is one of the most challenging aspects of JVC life. But it may also be the most prophetic witness of our commitment to living out the Gospel.