- Every person and every age has a spirituality.
- A spirituality is a vision, an awareness of self in relation to creation and to the Creator God.
- A spirituality is a quest, a tension, a seeking, a giving birth and a being born.
- A genuine and healthy spirituality draws one into communion and relationship with others and with the Other. The spiritual experience of the women and men who encountered the Risen Christ created the Church.
- The awakening of Ignatius of Loyola brought forth the Spiritual Exercises and later the Jesuits. Ignatius presents to us all of creation and says: through every aspect of our life and our living, God is present to us as Gift. Nothing can separate us from the love of God – neither heights nor depths, nor pain nor pleasure, nor power nor death. Realizing how much we are loved, we dare to learn to love others.